About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Canker Sores, Cold Sores, Chicken pox, Shingles, Herpes Virus

The other day I came across a copy of something I had found while browsing through Monica's Feel Good Cookbook and it caught my attention since I was so vulnerable to cold sores and canker sores. I have tried essential oils, which are also helpful, but I thought if this could treat them internally, it would be all the better:
"When you feel any of these forms of herpes virus coming on (Canker sores, cold sores, chicken pox, shingles), immediately take 4-6,000 mg L-Lysine tablets, 1-2 cayenne capsules (capsaisin found in cayenne helps shut down herpes zoster virus. A new drug called 'Zostrix' has been developed containging this component of cayenne). Then try this little experiment. For the next 24-48 hours avoid all foods containging the amino acid "Arginine" which promotes the growth of herpes viruses. They are: carob, chocolate, coconut, dairy products, chicken, gelatin, oats, wheat and white flour, soybeans, almonds, cashews, refined sugar, and citrus. Instead, eat foods high in another Amino Acid, "Lysine" which inhibits herpes viruses: Eggs, fish, lima beans, vegetables, potatoes, and red meat. If you feel the cold sore ignite and hour or more after a meal review what you ate to see if you've just fueled the virus with Arginine. Kind of a fun way to minimize the public performance of this ornery virus.
"Just recently our family has discovered for ourselves the effectiveness of a permanent homeopathic remedy for chronic cold sores made by Deseret Biologicals. It costs about $50, but is worth it to be done with sores for good. Look for it online where homeopathics are sold."
Within about an hour of glancing at this in my cookbook, I felt a cold sore coming on. I had cayenne on hand, but not L-Lysine. So I took the cayenne and followed the diet for almost a whole day, but since it was a holiday and a birthday, I didn't stick with the diet much longer, but I did make it to the store and bought some L-Lysine. This combination of half-efforts was enough to keep my cold sore small and noticeable only to me.

2 comments:

  1. Or you can just try good old fashioned ice. One good sized ice cube usually does the trick for me. As soon as I feel it coming on, I freeze it to death. It keeps it nice and small and goes away in a few days with no outward appearance and only a little discomfort.
    This has worked well for Rick's herpes virus that he has by his eye. It reoccurs in the same place. Since he has used ice to freeze it, he hardly gets it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use Hydrogen Peroxide to get rid of canker sore. One cup of hydrogen peroxide is effective in cleaning the bacteria of your canker sore. Gargle it once or twice a day. You can mix water if needed. But Peroxide alone can work effectively.

    ReplyDelete