About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Smoky Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Last weekend I had planned to make BLT's with some leftover bacon, but then realized I was out of tomatoes. I was in a hurry and looking for something quick and I came up with what Doug calls my "GREATEST CONCOCTION YET." Of course he hasn't tried my Hawaiian Fajitas yet, but I did agree this one was pretty good. We still have some Raw Hickory Cheddar Cheese from our last trip to Utah and I thought a grilled cheese sandwich would be quick. I layered the smoked cheese on a slice of wheat bread, crumbled the bacon over it and topped it with more bread, buttered the outside slices as you would for grilled cheese, then grilled it on my panini press. Serve it with some yummy Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce as a dip. Don't skip this step.

Next time I am going to spread barbecue sauce on the inside layer of bread and grill it with the bacon and cheese. Its a good sandwich with just the smoky cheese and bacon, but the barbecue sauce finishes it perfectly. Its that good. Your men will love you for it.

Ingredients:
Bread sliced for sandwiches
Butter
Hickory smoked cheddar cheese
Bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Barbecue Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment