About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

HELP!!!

First off I changed the blog layout a bit.... just because of some picture issues. If anyone doesn't like it I can change it back... or they can change it. But this allows for bigger photos.

Now on to my problem. I am hitting my breaking point with Adelaide and I would like some input. Addy started asking for panties awhile ago so I thought great lets do it. She's been pretty great at it. She doesn't wet herself anymore... even at night. The problem is she has never and refuses to go #2 in the potty. She knows it's suppose to go in there, she doesn't like going in her panties so much so that she will hold it for up to 3 days before going #2 in her panties of course. I feel like I've tried everything. What should I do now? Any tips would be welcome because though I am trying very hard to stay calm and upbeat it is frustrating to know that if she just would go once in the potty she'd realize it's not something to be afraid of and we'd be completely potty trained. Daniel is not so upbeat about it and is getting pretty frustrated. Please help!

3 comments:

  1. Although I haven't yet dealt with this myself, I hear that the reason kids don't want to do poopies in the potty is because they see thier poopies as an important part of thier bodies, and to see them so carelessly flushed away forever is a little traumatizing for them. You might could try convincing her that poopies love to be flushed down the potty because they get to go down thier very own waterslide, and that they don't like to stay inside her body or underpants, either because they love that flush too much, etc. It might even help her to see yours or someone else's poopies get flushed, all while celebrating a joyful farewell. Sara is going through the same thing with Samuel. Any input, Sara?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this same problem with two of my kids. In fact I am going through it with sophie right now. The most important thing is be patient. I know it is hard but getting upset only exacerbates the problem. what I have done with sophi is I got her a little gift that I knew she would love and I put it up on a high shelf in the bathroom where she could see it but not get to it. I told her she could have the gift as soom as she did poopoos in the potty. getting them to go the first time is sometimes the hardest part and sometimes not. I thought we had it made when she finally went but we didnt. she continued to go in her pants off and on for about a year. to keep her going after the first time I bought a bag of her favorite candy and gave her a piece everytime she went in the potty. (I also gave her one to share with her little brother) I also tried stuff like cheap jewelry. you can buy a bag of rings for a dollar in the birthday section at walmart. She is pretty good about going in the potty most of the time now but I keep the rewards going. I reward her for even the tiniest little poo. It is impossible to know what is going on in their little heads but I can assure you getting upset will only make it worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought I posted this already, but i guess it didn't post...the only thing that really worked for marshal was a treat ( dumb dumb sucker) for pooping, we didn't give anything but a good cheer for peeing. and like monterey said, getting upset makes it WAY worse...good luck!

    ReplyDelete