About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

YOUR laundry soap

First off, my aunt is an amazing, inspiring woman! She does photography, scrap booking, and tons of other stuff!

She posted about making her own laundry soap to help with her child's eczema and I know I struggled with eczema when I was little so it's good to know that if my children have eczema then maybe this can help them. I also know several of my cute little nieces and nephews have eczema as well and I just want to help.

(also, this is really cheap to make: about 450 loads of laundry for $12 that the raw material costs)

Click here to go to the post about making it.

5 comments:

  1. is this the same "recipe" for the soap we pooled together from Monterey's recipe? we just use felsnaptha instead of Ivory soap, right? ( I have all the stuff, I have never made it though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya know, I never heard of Monterey's recipe. I just got this from my aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe is similar to it, but when I make it with the felsnaptha, it irritates Spencer's skin. I'll bet the the ivory soap will be much gentler. I'm definitely gonna try this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm not part of the '16' but I make my own laundry soap. I have used both fels naptha and ivory both work well. it just depends on your skin :) also even though its a bit more expensive you can also use Dr. Bronner's castile (?)bar soap and that stuff smells nice too-I used the peppermint :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther, you are definitely one of us. We love to hear your input!

    ReplyDelete