About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Don't have a wheat grinder?

As many of you know, I have an extremely intelligent 'gitterdone' handyman for a husband. A few years ago, he was aware of my daydreams of someday, when we could afford it, perhaps I just might have my very own wheat grinder to make some use of these buckets o' wheat we had in our budding food storage and be that ultimate homemaker that even grinds her own wheat to make her healthy homemade bread for her family every week. Well, so my wonderful husband had a few seconds on the internet before he discovered that a $30 coffee grinder does the very same work quite reliably as a $300 wheat grinder does, just in smaller quantities. I have ground wheat and all other grains in my little coffee grinder about every other week for two years now, to make my breads and other goods for my little family and it has never given me a single problem. When my family triples in size and, of course, when we can afford it, I just might upgrade to the wheat grinder, but until then, I am quite content with my little coffee grinder. The only downside to it perhaps would be the disclaimer you would have to give your Relief Society President when she saw it on your countertop...

2 comments:

  1. what other grains have you tried grinding in it? have you tried corn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ground kamut, amaranth, brown rice, pearl barley, millet, oats, quinoa, spelt, flax seed, and I just ground some corn at your suggestion without any problem.

    ReplyDelete