About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A trip to Urgent Care

I really hate taking my kids to the doctor. Five out of six times they can't tell me anything I don't already know. But this morning Bella's breathing was just too scary so I called Joe home from work (at 6 am) and took her in to Urgent Care. Her oxygen levels were at 88%, so they gave her a breathing treatment and a steroid, which she responded to quickly. Xrays showed a general cloudiness of the lungs, which the doctor tells me is better than a centralized concentration. That would be an indication of pneumonia or other bacterial infection. So, in an effort to prevent that from developing, we're getting a nebulizer today and putting her on three prescriptions. I hate to have all the hassle and insurance issues, but I'm grateful for modern medicine, as imperfect as it is, so that my baby can breathe.

3 comments:

  1. Jace had the same issue the last two winters. Now that I have him on the oils (Breathe, Peppermint, On Guard) I haven't had to give him a treatment with the nebulizer. I feel better about that than giving him prescription medication. I should have given you some Breathe when you were here. The last two winters when I took him into our pediatrician who is a DO (she's open to natural medicine)because he was having breathing issues, she prescribed me the medication for the nebulizer. But when she had walked in the room she smelled the essential oils I had in my purse. So she handed me the prescription and said you can use this or you can use those oils in your purse. I never got the prescription and I go through a lot of Breathe every time he gets a cold. I diffuse it in his humidifier and I rub it on his chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What oils are in Breathe? I need to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through this same thing with kanon last year. they gave him the treatments at the dr then sent me home with an oxygen moniter which i watched with alarm for several hours as it would go from the nineties to the eighties every other breath. they told me to take him to the emergency room if it got into the eighties and there were no changes in it even after i gave him a breathing treatment. so after a lot of worry we finally took him down to st george to emergency. when we got there they checked his oxygen which was in the nineties and said it could be from the elevation drop. then we waited for a while and the dr came and looked at him as said he could suction his lungs and it would help the most but that it was a very uncomfortable precedure. we did it but i will never do it again unless it is life or death. he was fine after it but I think he would have been fine anyway. a few weeks later he got it again and i refused to take him in and just used my oils, eucalyptus and on gaurd and watched him close for the night and in the morning his breathing was normal. an expensive painful lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete