About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

So, I went to buy a few cake pans at the Bosch Kitchen Store in Orem, and they just happened to be having a class on grains and other healthy delights just as I walked in, so I sat down, and learned of a few great healthy tips. The guy giving the class was just a young guy, probably younger than me, but I sampled some of his treats, and they were great! I was introduced to things like Chia seed and sucanat and agave that will be great substitutes for the not-so-healthy things in my pantry. The recipes he used are all on his website, and I visit it regularly. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://dc89vintage.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Be sure to read the section on Baby steps to better health. Another great resource is Chef Brad's website on grains. http://www.chefbrad.com/grain/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading not so good things about agave. aparently the way it is processed makes it as bad for you as corn syrup. it is very expensive to so I wouldnt waste my money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good to know. I haven't bought any yet anyway. Would you recommend honey? I've heard that it's better than sugar, but some people steer clear from it, but I've never found out why.

    ReplyDelete