About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Avocado Cilantro Dip

My friend made this yummy bean dip out of white beans (think Hummus, but with white beans instead) - super easy, super good for you. I'd been planning to make some and then I went to Costco and tasted their avocado cilantro hummus and decided to try to adapt her recipe. LOVE the outcome! Super easy if you used canned beans, but better if you use your own, just takes some planning. Kids love to dip anything in it - we've been using carrots and broccoli. I've even been feeding it to Bells by the spoonful - she loves it.

1 c cooked white beans
1 ripe avocado
3 T chopped cilantro
2-3 T lemon juice (I used half a lemon)
1 small/med clove garlic (big clove for more kick)
1 tsp salt
2-3 T olive oil

I put them all in a container and used my hand blender to processes. It gets pretty thick. Add oil to the consistency/smoothness that you like. I later added another half avocado to tone down my pretty big garlic clove and it was great. You could even use it as a spread on a sandwich to give it a little kick - would be super yummy on one of those veggie sandwiches.

For her recipe, omit the avocado and cilantro and increase beans to 2 cups. She uses it in place of mayo on sandwiches.

2 comments:

  1. This sounded so yummy, I went home and bought everything and tried it and it is really good. Monica, also tried and she liked it, and I gave the recipe to my mother-in-law and she went home and made it as well. I like it with a little less salt. I also made a second batch where I added some red onions, and it was good. I also want to add a little taco seasoning just for some zip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, you little domestic girl you! I'm so pleasantly surprised each time that you really have it in you!

    ReplyDelete