About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gross but helpful

I got athletes foot about ten years ago. it was only one one foot and was pretty mild at first. it got worse over the years even though I tried everything I could find to treat it. my doctor told me to use the over the counter stuff as it was as effective as the prescriptions. it would get better while i was using the treatment but as soon as I quit it would come back worse. finally I read about using apple cider vinegar so I soaked my feet everyday for about a half hour to an hour. I would do it while i was on the computer so it varied each day. after a couple of days I had open sores start on the infected foot but not on the uninfected foot even though I was soaking both feet. I figured this meant it was pulling the infection from deep in my tissues to the surface so I kept soaking my feet. in about a week my feet were as soft as a new babies with all callouses and dead skin gone. when I quit using it the infection did not return. I still soak my feet from time to time because it removes dead skin and callouses and makes my feet soft and feel like i just had a pedicure. I had Ron start soaking his feet too because his would crack every time he would go with out shoes for a little while. now his feet are like new and in better shape than they have been since we got married and they never crack and peel.

4 comments:

  1. So did you get a fresh treatment of apple cider vinegar each time, or use the same stuff again? How many gallons did you go through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a shoebox size plastic container from walmart with a lid and put a little less than an inch of vinegar in the bottom. when I am done soaking I put the lid on and put it up somewhere. I will reuse for several days. it lasts longer if your feet are clean when you soak them. depending on how often and how long you soak your feet and how often you change the vinegar will determine how much you go through. I would go through maybe half a gallon for the therapy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried it, but I hear that black walnut tincture is awesome for any type of fungus, even impetigo. I want to get some for mom to help with her toenails, but maybe she should try the apple cider vinegar first since it might be cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is even grosser but perhaps helpful too, is that if you (he he) pee on your feet in the shower, it is supposed to sterilize them and prevent athletes foot. I'm not speaking from experience, but I heard it from a friends Dad many years ago, and he was totally serious.

    ReplyDelete