About Us

We are Angelyn, Bonnie (married to Mark), Monterey, Monica, Laurleen, Heidi (married to Stuart), Haylee,
Sara Anne (married to Sheldon), Shelley (twin to Sheldon), Sondra, Sara (twin to Sondra), LaRae (married to Adam),
Susie (married to Daniel), Tia (married to Ben), Crystel, and then there is Jared not married and is on a mission in Samoa.
We all love home and family and are in the various different stages of motherhood. Between us we have 63 children
and over 500 years of child rearing experience and that's just for now!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The How to Herb Book


I love this book. It is a book Monica recommended as a starter for learning about Herbs. Everything I have tried works. From earaches to diarrhea, to fevers, pregnancies, nausea, constipation, yeast infections, giving herbs to babies, etc. It has helped me be a better mom. There is so much information and it is very easy to read. I refer back to it over and over again. Yes, essential oils are good, but they don't cover everything, and sometimes there just isn't an essential oil for garlic, ginger, elderberry, or other awesome herbs that you may already have, or is easily attainable. Anyway, it covers more than herbs, it talks about vitamins and minerals and it explains how they work with the body, and what they are used for. It gives remedies, and talks about cleanses, juice fasts, and diets, and exercise. It is just a plethora of information that is very easy to understand. Anyway, if you are looking to learn more about general health and natural ways to heal I recommend this book. I bought a copy for mom for Christmas a couple years ago, so I know she has one if people just want to borrow hers. Just make sure she gets it back. I liked it so much I had Adam buy it for me for Christmas, after I first read it. Anyway, it is an awesome, quick reference, and I recommend it for everyone.

For example, Garlic is one of my favorite herbs now, but how do you get a child/baby to eat it? You can prick a garlic oil and squirt in mouth or rub on skin. Or, I usually cut and peel a fresh garlic clove and tape it to the bottom of their feet by their toes, with bandaids, just before they go to bed. I put the cut side next to the skin, so it can absorb right into the skin. It is painless, and very effective, and helps cut sickness time in half. Just remember to take it off the next morning so they won't be walking on it all day. (As I've obviously done before:)

2 comments:

  1. Sara, how do you get rid of earaches? I have one and I would rather not go get antibiotics for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book says to first to swab out your ear with hydrogen peroxide or just add a few drops, to kill all the bacteria. Then squeeze a few drops of onion juice into your ear, and then place a cotton ball on it to absorb any liquid. I just cut an onion and grate it into a bowl, and then I grab some of the pulp and squeeze it into one spot and try and use a dropper to gather it all and put it in your ear. Afterward, I use essential oils around the ear to just seal the deal. Tea tree, lavender, peppermint, wintergreen, lemon, etc.,(whatever you have) with some olive oil, I just do a few drops of each. It's worked on my kids, but I would like some feed back from someone who can actually tell me how it is. :)

    ReplyDelete